Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad

Hmmm... it would appear that I've not been as focused as I could have been on my weight loss. The proof is in the pudding... I'm currently at the highest weight I've ever been... the bathroom scale shows almost 200lbs. Not good on a 5'8" frame... I've decided that my issues again largely are caused by sloth and impulsiveness. For me, what its going to take is setting out my meals in advance. My snacks seem to already be in a good place, either pre-packaged cheese or yogurt or better yet fruit. The problem comes when temptation is in the house, cake for example has been the most prevalent as my birthday, my daughter, sister and father's birthdays are all right around this time of yet.
In the good news column... I've started walking every day. I've mapped out a route of 3 miles and while I'm not breaking any land speed records, I am moving for about an hour every day. Also, I found a GREAT website for the Nintendo Wii that maps out exercise routines. My issue with the Wii is that it doesn't give you a whole ton of guidance as to what you should be doing. The website posted below creates an entire routine for you. I think that ramping this up to a 30 - 45 minute routine and coupling it with a diet that isn't designed to kill me should help. The next post I do will be next week and I'll be using the Wii as my weight measurement tool as it allows me to track. My other idea is to keep a food log which I'll share with you as well.



8/3/10:
Height: 5ft. 8in.
Weight: 198lbs
BMI: 30.1 - Just crossed into obese territory... thanks a ton there point one...
Goal weight - 165lbs

Goals for the week:
1. Track food intake
2. Increase activity - Wii fit starting with 15 minute workouts after my daily constitutional
3. Water Water Water... I've been drinking too much diet soda lately. Not good. Studies have shown that you're almost better off drinking the regular sugared variety
4. Weight loss: 3 lbs (starting small with the intent of feeling rewarded...)


Well rehab is for quitters and relapses happen! (thank you Lindsay L for showing that dreams are indeed possible.)
To all out there working to make yourselves better, good luck!!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment