Monday, February 1, 2010

Day one complete

2/1/10

I've not done a lot of the initial measurements that I should be, however I did want to give a quick snapshot of height & weight for you to give you an idea of what we're dealing with. As procrastination is one of the reasons that I'm in the shape I'm in, I'm not totally thrilled with myself. Tomorrow I'll do all the P90X measurements, number of pushups, chest & belly size etc.

Height - 5 foot 8 inches
Weight - 195lbs

195 is literally the heaviest I've ever been, so milestones being what they are... I thought back to highschool today and I graduated at my current height at a total of 135 lbs (aka Crack-head thin). While I don't ever want to be that skinny again, 165 generally is a weight that should be relatively healthy considering my size and build.

Today, was overall, pretty standard. I was suprised at how much food was allowed with the Southbeach diet. I'm doing ok... fighting tempation and in general, not at all hungry. I was even impressed by the dessert, at which initially I turned my nose up (ricotta cheese with a sweetener & vanilla extract. Not bad and it fit the bill. Dinner was actually kind of impressive looking, Salad, Salmon and steamed asparagus. Filling and visually stunning (if I may say so myself...).

I've decided I'm going to ease into the exersize thing. All too often I've gone great guns for the first few weeks, only to loose steam a bit later. I've got some goals in mind, like, I'd like to be able to run 5 miles without keeling over... I'd like to be able to do more pullups than my current Whuu (almost one).

Either way, food-wise, tomorrow looks to be interesting and I'm looking forward to the beginning of my workout routine. As Tony Horton says, Do your best and forget the rest! As cult like a following as this guy has, I've done a few of the routines and they actually do kick your butt. Again, I'm excited for tomorrow and I'm ready to go!!

Cheers!
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment